Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

JAY-Z Puts Out Statement on Meek Mill's Release From 'Broken System'


RadioOnFire.com - Tuesday marked a very big day for hip-hop after news broke that Meek Mill had finally been released from prison after being held on terms that many felt were unjust. While incarcerated, the Philly rapper had several high-profile celebs pay him a visit, and many others spoke out publicly in support of Meek.

On Tuesday afternoon the Dream Chasers general released a statement concerning his impending release and thanked those that had been there for him during the trying time.

"I’d like to thank God, my family, my friends, my attorneys, my team at Roc Nation including Jay Z, Desiree Perez, my good friend Michael Rubin, my fans, The Pennsylvania Supreme Court and all my public advocates for their love, support and encouragement during this difficult time," Meek wrote on Instagram.

Also releasing a statement was one of the rapper's biggest supporters, JAY-Z.

"Today, Meek Mill, a son of Philadelphia, is a free man," wrote Mr. Carter via the official Roc Nation Twitter account. "He was incarcerated unjustly and caught in a probation trap for years by a broken system. Now we can celebrate his release. We thank every individual that has supported and fought alongside Meek every step of the way."



You can view Hov's statement up top.

No comments:

Post a Comment