Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2018

Amy Schumer Details Losing Virginity to Boyfriend Who Raped Her in Her Sleep


RadioOnFire.com - Comedian Amy Schumer recently opened up about the time she lost her virginity to a boyfriend who raped her in her sleep. During Wednesday’s (April 25) episode of SuperSoul Conversations, the 36-year-old actress sat down with Oprah Winfrey, explaining that her first time her sex would be described as "gray-area rape."

“I feel like I lost my virginity through rape,” she said. “I didn’t consent, we hadn’t discussed it, we weren’t there in our relationship.” Schumer explained that when most young people are taught are rape, “It’s about a guy popping out from a bush and some villain. They don’t say it’s probably gonna be a guy you know really well — it could be your husband, it could be your friend.”







Schumer revealed that her boyfriend had realized he did something wrong. "The first thing he said was, 'I thought you knew,’ " she recalled. After the assault, Schumer said she ended up comforting her boyfriend because he “felt so bad and he was so worried.”

While she admits that she stayed with boyfriend and the pair eventually had consensual sex, Schumer said that she never forgot the assault.

“So you think when that happens to you, ‘Well, this isn’t someone I want to see rotting in a jail cell, but what he did to me was wrong.’ I didn’t consent.” she said. “I lost my virginity while I was asleep and that’s not okay."
Source: nydailynews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment