Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Ravens' National Anthem Singer Quits, Says He Doesn't Belong Amid Protesting


RadioOnFire.com - The national anthem protest taking place in the NFL has escalated, as Donald Trump has consistently been commenting on the “disrespect” being shown to the flag by players and team owners who are kneeling. Many have been divided regarding who to side with on the matter, and now it appears that the Baltimore Ravens’ national anthem singer has had enough, as the singer announced that he is resigning from his position. Via Facebook, Joey Odoms said “The tone/actions of a large number of NFL fans in the midst of our country's cultural crisis, have convinced me that I do not belong there. Someone once told me to always 'go where you're welcomed.’” He went on to say “This is not an emotional reaction to recent events, rather an ethical decision that part of me regrets but my core knows is the right choice."




Odoms is not just a singer, as he is a part of the Maryland Army National Guard. He was recently interviewed by CBS Baltimore, where he noted that he is not offended by NFL players taking a knee. However, he does not want to get caught up in the back-and-forth of the protests. Odoms said “I support the protest personally — I fought for that right, but I don't like people using people like me to attack those people who are exercising their right. If I express how I feel, a segment of the fanbase would attack me."
Source: nydailynews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment