Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Keak Da Sneak to Begin 16-Month Prison Sentence While Confined to a Wheelchair


RadioOnFire.com - Keak Da Sneak has reportedly been involved in a number of violent incidents over the last few years, though it's widely believed that he's actually been the victim of these circumstances that have found him confined to a wheelchair while facing a lengthy prison sentence.

Back in January 2017, it's been alleged that several men attempted to rob the artist in his hometown of Oakland, leading him to get a gun despite being a convicted felon. Only two months later, Keak Da Sneak was stopped by police at a Sacramento gas station, where he was subsequently charged with possession of a firearm as a felon, possession of ammunition as a felon, receiving stolen property, driving with a suspended or revoked license, and possession of a controlled substance.

It's been reported that the officer involved ran the license plate and saw that the 'hyphy' legend was on probation due to a prior firearm charge, thus giving him the motivation to search his car. Keak Da Sneak claimed that it was “really racial profiling at an all-time high.”

Later on in the year, however, he was dealt more bad luck when he was shot in another attempted robbery, leaving him with no feeling in his legs. “The first bullet busted the window and hit me in the face, grazed my face,” he previously said, "it made me put my arms up and guard my head, so I got shot all in my side, abdomen, my elbows, my sides. When the gunfire stopped, I couldn’t feel my legs.”



He then reportedly woke up in Oakland’s Highland Hospital two days later, where ever since he's had to use a wheelchair full-time, while seeing a nurse three times a week and using a colostomy bag. Nonetheless, prosecutors refused to consider house arrest in a plea deal for his recent case, and yesterday (Jan. 28), Keak learned that he will begin serving his 16-month sentence for one count of possession of a firearm as a felon on February 7.

In a statement, Keak said: “It feels like they had no compassion. My health is not good. I know they’re not gonna give me the treatment I need in prison. I’ve been to jail before, and once you get behind these walls, they have no compassion. You have to be on your death bed for them to give you some assistance. Am I gonna get the treatment I’m getting out here? I don’t think so. I’ve been to jail with people who were sick and really doing bad, and the guards and deputies didn’t care about them at all. They came and beat on them because they were pushing the button like, ‘I need help, I need help.'”

With that said, the artist is apparently working on new music in an effort to take care of his family.


Source: HipHopDX

No comments:

Post a Comment