Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2019

Erykah Badu Defends R. Kelly During Concert, Gets Booed


RadioOnFire.com - Erykah Badu recently had a concert in Chicago and stopped the show to speak on the R. Kelly situation.

While on stage, Badu seemingly defended Kelly by saying “I dunno how everybody else feel about it but I’m putting up a prayer right now for R. I hope he sees the light of day if he done all those things that we’ve seen on TV and heard those ladies talk about. I hope he sees the light of day and comes forward.”




Badu went on to say “What y’all say, f**k him? That’s not love. That’s not unconditional love. But what if one of the people that was assaulted by R Kelly grows up to be an offender, we gonna crucify them?” From there, Badu was met with boos.

Since then, she took to Twitter address the situation once more, saying “I love you. Unconditionally. That doesn’t mean I support your poor choices. I want healing for you and anyone you have hurt as a result of you being hurt. Is that strange to you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment