Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2018

Carmelo Says He Won't Come off the Bench for a Team Until He's Ready



RadioOnFire.com - Carmelo Anthony's stint with the Oklahoma City Thunder was quite a forgetful one. Anthony recently commented on his time in OKC and said that it "wasn't a good fit." Melo had his contract traded and subsequently bought out by the Atlanta Hawks making the veteran out of Syracuse a free agent. Reports have circulated that Houston will be the likely landing spot for Melo to play alongside longtime friend Chris Paul and reigning league MVP James Harden.


The Rockets were close to beating the Golden State Warriors last season and many are speculating how good, or worse they'll be with the addition of Carmelo. Many analysts believe, however, that for Houston to be a good fit for Melo, he needs to consider coming off the bench. Carmelo recently sat down with Jemele Hill of The Undefeated and said that he wouldn't mind a role coming off the bench, it'll just be done on his terms:

"I know how to play this game of basketball. I've been playing it for a long time. When I feel like I'm ready to take that role, then I'll take that role. Only I know when it's best for me to take that role. I'm not going to do that in a situation where I still know my capabilities and what I can do. And at the end of the day, the people who really matter know my capabilities and what I can still do. You start getting to the media and debates, it's going to always be kind of back-and-forth."

Should Melo accept a bench role to play for a contender like the Rockets?

Source: ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment