Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Gabrielle Union Speaks on Being Raped, Tells Rape Apologists To Unfollow Her


RadioOnFire.com - Gabrielle Union shared her unapologetic truth on Twitter.

The #MeToo movement has made serious headway in the news through several various views. One being Bill Cosby's guilty verdict on three charges of assault. Another is Bill Maher's conversation with Ronan Farrow asking if the movement has "gone too far." In more recent public statements, Gabrielle Union joined the ongoing chat via social media.

The Breaking In star opened up, once again, about her rape at gunpoint when she was 19-years-old while working at Payless. It seemed that Cosby apologists, who believe the charges were a stunt to cause the downfall of a high-ranking black man in the industry, rubbed the actress the wrong way.

"I was raped at 19. He rapes another woman B4 he turns himself in. He took a plea deal & got 33yrs. I sued Payless Shoe Source 4 $$$ as they knew the rapist was a former employee & didn't warn any1. I received a settlement. NO ONE has EVER accused me of using my rape as a cash grab."




"I don't talk about being a rape survivor to cash in or gain 'rape fame'... I speak my truth in hopes of helping other survivors feel less alone, and to offer help & hope. If you are a rape apologist, unfollow me now. You will not be missed. #MeToo."

Union continued to gain support from followers praising her for her courage and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment