Search This Blog

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Matt Lauer Responds to Sexual Misconduct Allegations and NBC Firing



RadioOnFire.com - Just a day after being fired by NBC News for allegations of "inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace, former Today show host Matt Lauer has issued a statement to express his remorse, citing that some of the allegations against him are"untrue or mischaracterized."



The full statement reads:

"There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions. To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this, I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC. Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed. I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly. Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul-searching, and I'm committed to beginning that effort. It is now my full-time job. The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws. It's been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace."

Since his termination, Variety reported that Lauer gifted a co-worker with sex toy with a note revealing details of how he would use it on her. While Lauer states not all the allegations against are valid, NBC Chairman Andrew Lack in a statement on Lauer's release said the network was "presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment