Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2017

MMA Fighter Derrick Lewis Saves a Family with Confederate Flag in Houston


RadioOnFire.com - As the death toll for Hurricane Harvey reaches 30 souls, we have only begun to comprehend the destruction left in its wake. People from all over the country have done their part to help those touched by the storm, donating what they can and rescuing those in need. Among those people was MMA fighter Derrick Lewis, who waded through waist deep water to save a family holding a confederate flag. Lewis, known as the 'black beast' in the MMA world, returned to his home state with his pickup Truck to help those stranded after news of Harvey's destruction reached him.
'It feels good to help people,” Derrick Lewis wrote on Twitter of his heroic efforts. “I picked up one guy and his family, his wife ― he just kept apologizing to me, because all he really had was his clothes, and he wanted to take his Confederate flag. He wanted to take that with him, and he just apologized and said, ‘Man, I’ll sit in the back of your truck, man. I don’t want to have my flag inside of your truck like this.’ I said, ‘Man, I’m not worried about that."
Thoughts? Let us know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment