Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2017

SC Man Arrested for Planning Attack "In the Spirit of Dylann Roof"


RadioOnFire.com - FBI arrested a South Carolina man for planning an attack "in the spirit of Dylann Roof," according to court documents. 29-year-old Benjamin Thomas Samuel McDowell was arrested and is facing a federal count of felon in possession of a firearm or ammunition.
McDowell told an undercover operative that he wanted to do something on a "big scale" and dedicate it to Roof by writing his name on the wall of the building he chose to commit the crime at. He was quoted as saying, "I'm wanting to do this s***, and I got the heart to do this. I seen what Dylann Roof did and in my heart I reckon I got a little bit of hatred and I...I want to do that s----. Like, I got desire ... not for nobody else .. .it just... I want something where I can say, 'I f***ing did that' ... me personally."
The 29-year-old also posted his thoughts to Facebook, writing, "I wish the day we all get off Facebook and white Warriors like we was born to be like Dylan roof but we gotta do it in a smart away and it takes a team..." He also spoke to an undercover operative later that day on the phone, telling him that he wanted a .40-caliber pistol.
After handing over $109 to the operative for the .40-caliber Glock that had been disabled without his knowledge, FBI swooped in and arrested McDowell with the gun in his possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment