Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2015

It's Official: Martin O'Malley Running For President



RadioOnFire.com - In a Saturday morning announcement, O'Malley officially kicked off his long-shot odyssey to become president of the United States where his political career began, Baltimore City.

"The story of our country's best days is not found in a history book, because this generation of Americans is about to write it, and that is why today, to you and to all who can hear my voice, I declare that I am a candidate for president of the United States, and I am running for you," O'Malley said in Federal Hill.

O'Malley touts himself as a liberal crusader who wants to restore America as the land of possibilities. He said the American dream seems to be hanging by a thread, although a strong one full of optimism.

"It is the thread of the generosity, the compassion and the love of one another that brings us together as one American people," O'Malley said.

Political analysts urge O'Malley to present himself as a can-do executive.

"'I am bringing something to the table that's vastly different than what you have seen in the past. I'm going to bring my experience from a major American city and from the state level,' that is something that he can point to," said John Bullock, assistant professor of political science at Towson University.

No comments:

Post a Comment